34 Weeks Bumpdate

Wednesday, April 22, 2015


So! First update from my Dr's appt yesterday. I was feeling pretty nervous with Bryson being out of town for a firefighters conference that he would miss the birth because I have been dilated for a couple of weeks now; but I was a 1 cm for a month with Foster then was induced and I was a 3 for awhile with Lo and then was induced. So a 1 isn't too worrisome for me, but I know some ladies go into labor at a 1. 

34 weeks is what we have been shooting for. It means that we most likely won't have to deliver or be transferred to the Abq hospital because the hospital in my hometown is equipped with a NICU for a 34 week baby. I had my last cervical exam and it showed no changes! So I think baby River will stay cooking for a few more weeks! I still think 36 weeks :) I was getting the cervical exams so we could be transferred to Abq sooner rather than later but since we made it to 34 weeks there is no reason to disrupt anything and better just to leave everything alone. I cannot believe it's only been 10 weeks since we started the hospital visits for me and 22 weeks since we started worrying about River's heart - which the Dr's think have completely resolved itself!!!!! 

Tomorrow I have my long, weekly appt, sometimes all it is is a blood/urine sample and a bp check but once or twice a month there will be steroid shots, glucose screenings, gall bladder checks, etc....and tomorrow is one of those. It has to be done fasted (they want a clean sample for the protein, glucose and bp checks) and the appt tomorrow will most likely take over three hours. Boooo. My mom will pick me up and bring me and T is going to watch Foster and Lo will be at school. T and Claira are staying with me while Bryson is out of town, I have a fear I will go into labor at night and won't know what to do with the kids...it's strange because I don't have those worries when he's on shift. Maybe it's because he is so close when he's on shift and know he can't make it now. 


How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Name: River Jayce (Bryson and I have been discussing another middle name for two middle names and it's starting to grow on me, but I want to wait to see if it fits him) 

Size: Baby is the size of a butternut squash (yum). He is measuring anywhere from 17.2 - 18.7 inches and 4.2-5.8 lbs! My big boy! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Gender: Our little dude, River Jayce! 

Total weight gain: According to the doctors scale it's 30 lbs. So a slight drop this week, I haven't been feeling too great though. 

Maternity Clothes: Comfy clothes. 

Stretch marks? No new ones yet....I am going to pick up some bio oil to try. 

Sleep: I have slept pretty good. Surprisingly with T and Claira staying with us and Bryson being out of town I thought I would sleep really bad this week but it's been ok. 

Movement: Soooo much movement. and he's been getting the hiccups for a couple of weeks now but this week they are turning into hiccups like his brother. He's getting them a couple times a day and they make me really nauseous for some reason. 

Best moment this week: It's been a pretty basic week. Just waiting for my honey to get home. 

Hubby is: Having an amazing time on his trip to FDIC in Indianapolis. Out of 30,000 firefighter there he happened to make it onto the news. We were a little anxious he was going to miss the birth but after there weren't any changes we both are feeling a lot better. 


  
Miss Anything: I just want to get out and go on a bike ride and a run. 

Belly button in or out? Flush with my stomach and out a little.


Food cravings: The nausea realllllyyyy makes me crave carbs.   

Anything making you queasy or sick: The new meds I was started on two weeks ago really make me sick but they help with my blood pressure and seem to be helping with my braxton hicks. 

Labor Signs: Contractions, a shortening cervix, dilated to a 1-2cm and River has dropped into the birthing canal.

Wedding ring on or off? On 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy, just missing Bryson lots! 

Looking forward to: Bryson coming home on Sunday! I miss him a lot and it's a lot of work trying to relax but keep up the house alone while he's gone, go figure. It's involves short spurts of picking up in-between hours of laying down. 

I'm going to add a not looking forward to for this week. I am starting to dread my weekly check ups. Tomorrow I have to get some blood work done and a steroid shot (all while fasting) and it takes about 3 hours and makes me so, so sick. My mom is going to bring me in the morning and T is going to watch Foster so that will help a lot. As the weeks go on and my body is just getting more and more tired and over all the meds that upset my stomach these tests (especially the long ones like tomorrow) make me dread the next day. 


Funny/Cute story. So you guys may have remembered we were planning on painting the crib neon green and the crib the turquoise color. Well, Bryson is color blind and started painting the crib the turquoise while I was laying down. I walked in and asked him what he thought the other color was and he said, "I don't know, I thought you were crazy and bought a yellow" So now we have a turquoise crib and we'll see how painting the dresser goes! 


It did turn out really cute! This picture makes it look a lot lighter because it was a sunny morning. The dresser is huge though so I am a little nervous to do it all neon green. 


As soon as the crib was up he hopped in, started talking like a baby and asked for a ba-ba Oh no. I think we are in for a little bit of trouble and jealously when River gets here! 


Adding in a little What I Ate Wednesday :) 

Bryson makes me yummy omelets when he is home that are loaded with tons of veggies


 Little dude and I went on a date to Costa Vida because I was craving horchata. We shared nachos and the kids finished them after school. 


Pretty normal dinner. I made chicken, brussels sprouts and asparagus 


Like I said, pretty uneventful week. But you all know how much I like my boring weeks, I just wish they involved some hikes or bike rides! 

1 comments:

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

You look amazing girl! Loving that kimono! And the green crib is so fun! Love the chevron with it. Can't wait to see how the dresser turns out!

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)