31 Week Bumpdate

Monday, March 30, 2015


This was a busy week! I didn't realize how busy until I was uploading pictures to add to this post for Life Lately and decided I'd better make another post for life lately and just keep this one for baby update or it would end up being  a crazy long post. 

This week I got all dolled up for maternity pictures (sneak peek here) that ended up being a total shit show. We were all exhausted because we were watching my niece (she's 7 months) and she was having some tummy issues the night before so we were all exhausted. Foster absolutely refused to take pictures with me and Lo looked super bored in them. So they ended up being just of me and hopefully, we're able to take some lifestyle pictures down the road. 

This may sound silly, but this is such a big week for me! When we started having pre-term labor problems at 24 weeks it was my goal to make it to 31 weeks so there would only be 9 weeks left. Single digits make all the difference for my mind set. I have been setting a lot of little goals since 24 weeks, like pass the FFN test, keep my cervix at 2.8 or higher....just little "goals" that I really have no control over but by setting them as a future "goal" it makes me feel like even though I am not able to control it, my body is taking control and doing what it needs to do. My goals have been weekly, but I am going to set a big goal to make it to 34 weeks! 3 weeks away doesn't seem too far out. The weeks have been going by a lot faster from 28 weeks then they have from 12-27. 

We made a quick trip to Target this week so Lo could pick out a dress for pictures and Easter. She chose an adorable blue dress I can't wait to show you all. Foster was more interested in the cake pop we picked up from Starbucks then looking at clothes.  

She's admiring herself in the mirror and on Sunday you'll see why, she's gorgeous!


This week we found out my blood pressure is really high so I am now on a low carb, high protein diet and my stomach is still getting used to it. My bp is already high with the pre eclampsia and the steroid treatment I am on and if I want to continue the steroid treatment (which we definitely do for River) then it has to get to safe zone again. If you know me, you know I am all about the carbs. I eat a ton of fruit so it's a weird change. This week was the first time we made steak at our house in maybe two+ years. Bryson is loving the change though :) 

If anyone has any high protein, low carb recipes that they love please share! I am in desperate need of something new to snack on. 


Onto my bumpdate! (Can you tell I am loving this throw?) (( I may wear it for Easter too ;) ))


 How Far Along: 31 Weeks

Name: River Jayce

Size: River is the size of a pineapple! So anywhere from 15.2 - 16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 lbs. This is the same it said last week, so I can't wait for our next ultrasound to see a guesstimate on what baby really weighs how how long s/he is!

Gender: We're almost there! I am putting the finishing touches on our gender reveal to announce on Sunday! I'm so excited for our cute Easter themed reveal!

Total weight gain: 24 lbs. Slight loss this week, but I am attributing it to the new diet and am fully expecting it back in the next week or so.

Maternity Clothes: No, just wearing what I have. Sometimes I wear maternity jeans.

Stretch marks? No new ones. My goal this week is to use lotion every day and drink a lot of water. I am so bad with remembering to use lotion.


Sleep: I have no idea why but I am actually pretty comfortable! I have not gotten to the point to where I can barely roll over yet I am just so hot at night! I am freezing my family out....but I'm not that sorry ;) 


Movement: Hard movements this week. This baby is beating me up. Not as bad as Lo did though. I remember she was higher in my ribs and it felt like she was bruising me when she kicked. 


Best moment this week: Lo's Spring Break was this week and I loved getting to spend so much time with her! She is so much fun to be around and the older she gets cooler she is. 


Miss Anything: I'm ready to go swimming! 



Belly button in or out? flush with my stomach.

Food cravings: All the fruit! I think it's because you always want what you can't have. Speaking of that, I think Bryson and I should go get sushi this week....Bryson, read this. Let's go get sushi. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I am up too much I will get hot and nauseous. This includes just sitting up. 

Labor Signs: Contractions and a shortening cervix.

Wedding ring on or off? On 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy lately :) 

Looking forward to: Easter! Yummy food and family sounds perfect right now. Not to mention we'll be telling everyone what River is!



0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)