Watermelon Ice Pops

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer is definitely here! Since it's over one hundred degrees here every day we reach for otter pops and popsicles like nobodies business. Have you actually looked at the ingredients in any of those things? I couldn't understand over half of them. I'm getting to the point where if I don't know what it is should I really be giving it to my kids? Probably not. So yesterday Logan and I made Watermelon Pops! They are sooooo yummy! It's a plus that they are so cute! With the Fourth of July right around the corner these are perfect for your family cookout! 




__________________________________________

Serves: 12
Serving Size: 1 pop
Calories: 76
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated: 1 g
Sodium: 1 mg
Potassium: 72 mg
Total Carbs: 16 g
Sugars: 15 g

*Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Iron
______________________________________________

Ingredients: 

5 Cups Pureed Watermelon 
1/2 Cup Sugar or less
1/4 Cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
Lime Sherbet 

Recipe: 

1) Cut up watermelon and puree into 5 cups and put into a medium bowl. Mix in sugar (Note: Sugar will sink to the bottom, it's ok) 
2) Place Bowl into freezer for 2-3 hours or until slushy and thicker but not frozen (so chocolate chips don't sink) . Mix in chocolate chips and the leftover sugar on the bottom. Spoon this mixture into 12 Dixie Paper Cups and place into freezer anther 2-3 hours or until puree is solid but not rock hard. 
3) Take the cups out of the freezer and smooth lime sherbet across the top and place your popsicle stick in the middle but not to where it reaches the bottom of the cup. 
4) Freeze over night or until solid and when you're ready to eat set out on counter for a couple minutes then gently pull your popsicle out :) 

These would also be awesome "adult pops" with a shot or two of vodka in them. No, there is no judgement here. 






Happy Summer from the Ballards! 




If you ever use any of my recipes, let me know! I'll feature you on the blog! All you have to do is tag my Facebook (Makeover With Aspen) or my Instagram (aspenballard) Just make sure you include a picture! 





0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)