20 Weeks River Jayce

Monday, January 19, 2015


 Today we had our 20 week ultrasound with a perinatologist and the meeting with the genetic counselor. Overall it was a great (three hour) meeting and the doctor and nurses were so sweet and very informative without overwhelming us. After meeting with the genetic counselor and the ultrasound our risks for down syndrome were changed from 1/20 to 1/10,000!!!!! Needless to say this was AMAZING news and we feeling so relieved. After this the doctors did explain to us that while we are low risk for down syndrome they are still wanting to watch for birth defects because the nuchal fluid was still thicker than what they would consider normal. They are feeling very optimistic though because with the original ultrasound the fluid was over 3 times the normal range and was just slightly thick today. 


Our ultrasound was close to two hours and we had an us tech and then the perinatologist redo it. They measured everything, but focused a majority of the time on the heart. We were able to see all four chambers which was so reassuring to look at but he does want us to come back in 6-8 weeks when the heart is the size of an almond rather than green pea to reevaluate. So that date is set for March 2nd! We get to see little bean so late! We saw Foster at 30 weeks also and I can't wait to see all the changes my little goes through. Hopefully that butt chin starts forming! 

We could also find out the sex of the baby is we wanted. The us tech told us to close our eyes and I closed my eyes then took a peek at Bryson and my mom and their eyes were glued onto the screen...CHEATERS!!!! I wasn't going to be the only one not guessing but realized quickly that they thought the umbilical cord was little boy parts and that they were not great guessers ;) but Bryson and I are 99% sure of what we are having but will be keeping it quiet until we decide what to do with this powerful information, and check with the nurse to make sure we are right ;) 

Right now our sweet babe is measuring in at a whopping 11 oz!!!! 



Total weight gain: The dr.'s scale said 10 lbs but I don't think it was totally right
Gender: muhahaha you would like to know, wouldn't you? ;)
Name: River Jayce
Maternity Clothes: Not yet :) Not even using a rubber band trick or anything which has been super convenient. 
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep: I haven't been sleeping great but what else is new
Movement: Lots of movement! I love seeing little bean move in the ultrasound and feeling it at the same time.
Best moment this week: The change of risks!!!! And seeing our little bean.
Miss Anything: Not really. Feeling pretty good  
Belly button in or out? Its a half-y right now. 
Food cravings: Nothing specific 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  If I don't eat every couple of hours I start to feel sick.
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Pretty tired at night and some "morning" sickness at night still
Wedding ring on or off? On and big.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy
Looking forward to: I was looking forward to today! Now I just have a lot of work to do haha 


Because of my blood pressure risks (even though it looked great today) ((another relief)) the perinatologist wants me to watch my diet and workout regularly. What would you consider regularly?  Bryson and I both thought three-four times a week but Bryson had to open his big mouth and ask how many times and he said 6-7!!!! Aint nobody got time for that!



0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)