Loaded Sweet Potatoes (The Healthy Way)

Sunday, April 7, 2013

I don't know about you but I LOVE potatoes, especially sweet potatoes. What's even better than potatoes? LOADED POTATOES! Trying to find a healthy alternative to the traditional bacon, cheese, sour cream and butter kind wasn't actually all that hard when I sat down and put my mind to it. I knew I wanted it to be full of flavor but also filling so adding veggies like black beans, corn and spinach was a no brainer! To make it a meal my hubby would love also I put a grilled chicken breast in :)


________________________________________________
Servings: 2
Calories: 205
Total Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 224 mg
Potassium: 559 mg
Total Carbs: 23 g
Protein: 20 g

Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron
_______________________________________________________

Ingredients:
4 oz (1 large) sweet potato
2 tbs light sour cream
2 cps fresh spinach
2 tbs shredded mozzarella cheese *fat free
3 oz (1 large) chicken breast 
1/4 cp black beans
1/4 cp sweet corn

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 and bake sweet potato for 45-60 minutes or until a fork easily slides in.
2) When sweet potatoes are 10-15 from being done light grill and grill chicken (can be done on stove top also) Dice up chicken into small pieces 
3) When sweet potatoes are done cut in half long ways and scoop out insides and put into a mixing bowl and mash. Set skins aside, do not throw away Mine broke :/ so I had to toss them and put it in a bowl instead.
4) Wilt spinach in a saucepan with a little water. Dry on paper towel and add to potatoes
5) Add chicken breast, black beans and sweet corn to mixture along with sour cream and salt and pepper
6) Add mixture back into potato skins and top with mozzarella cheese



There was no way I could finish a whole serving of this stuff! I ate about half of this and had some leftovers for lunch the next day :)




What would I do next time? I think next time I may try adding walnuts and maybe goat cheese or feta instead of the mozzarella. MMMMMMM Broccoli would be good too! 


1 comments:

Jessica M. said...

I made this for the fist time tonight for myself and my VERY picky fiancée and it was AMAZING! Thankyou for the healthy alternative and keep up the delicious work! :)

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)