The "Do You Like Reese's" Protein Ball

Thursday, August 29, 2013


If the answer is "no" to my question then there's a pretty little x at the top of your screen, feel free to press it. But who am I kidding, we all love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! With this recipe I'm going to give you just the base recipe. It's up to you to decide what to put into these bad boys! I put in 2 tbs chocolate chips...I know, I know but how can you have peanut butter with no chocolate?! You just can't. These are no bake so the combinations are endless. Feel free to substitute the peanut butter for your favorite nut butter. Throw in some coconut, maybe some fruit! Let me know what you decide because these are amazing! I have to tell myself, "Moderation Aspen, moderation!" to keep from inhaling one after another. ;) 


________________________________________________

Serves: 15
Serving Size: 1 ball
Calories: 151
(These puppies are a "splurge" not something you should eat daily but where you don't have to worry about your waistline if you indulge in a few) 
Total Fat: 10.1 g
Sodium: 75.3 mg
Potassium: 18.2 mg
Total Carbs: 12.3 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Sugars: 5.1 g
Protein: 5.1 g

This "splurge" doesn't fit into any meal group but they would be best to eat around lunch time or when you're not getting fat from other foods.
_____________________________________________________

Ingredients

1 cp Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 cp 100% Pure Old Fashioned Maple Syrup
1/2 cp Nut Butter of choice
1 tbs Chia Seeds
1/3 cp Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
1 tps Vanilla Extract

Recipe

1) Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
2) Refrigerate 1 hour and then roll into 1" balls.
3) Refrigerate after making and enjoy! 


Swap the peanut butter for pb2 here are the nutritional info for the pb2 


I'd love to hear all the different combinations you come up with so please tag me or let me know :) 



0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)