The BEST Spinach Chips EVER!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I love chips. That could be my whole post and I'm pretty sure 99%  of you would understand exactly what I mean. I don't like chips. I don't like to snack on chips. I love chips. A choice between cookies and chips and chips will win every. single. time. 

A long time ago I decided to stop buying chips because, no joke, I could sit down and eat a bag of chips without even thinking about it. And not those single serve bags either. That was one temptation that I knew I couldn't have in my home or I would never be able to live the healthy lifestyle I wanted to because I have absolutely no control when it comes to their salty goodness. 

Needless to say the craving was out of control and it wasn't just something that I could push aside. Alas, spinach chips were born. This wasn't a recipe that took a lot of thought and it wasn't hard. The first time they came out perfect. So why did it take so long to do this post you might ask? The answer is simple. I ate them all before I could take any picture ;) 


___________________
_________________

Calories: 74
Serves: 2
Total Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 86.4 mg
Potassium: 453 mg
Total Carbs: 7.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 1.5 g
Protein: 3 g

M3, M4, M5

Extremely high in Vitamin A
____________________________________________

Originally, I made these chips with Olive Oil but I switched to Coconut Oil because it is my new favorite thing in the world. I use it for EVERYTHING! It also gives me an awesome energy boost and is the good fats that you need through out the day. 

Ingredients
4 cps raw Spinach
1 tbs Coconut Oil, melted
1 tbs Chili Powder
1 tbs Garlic Powder
dash of sea salt and pepper

Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 350 
2) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (you do not need to do this put the spinach will sometimes stick to the pan by itself) DO NOT SPRAY PAN OR PAPER
3) Remove stems from spinach and place into a bowl. Pour melted coconut oil over the spinach and mix with your hands until spinach is thoroughly coated. 
4) Add powders a little at a time while mixing. Add s+p. You will not need much or any. 
5) Place spinach on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not let spinach touch or overlap or they will not cook evenly. You might have to do more than one batch. 
6) For baby spinach cook 8-11 minutes. For big spinach cook 11-13 minutes. They will burn once the oil is absorbed and they are crispy. Be sure to check at the earlier mark. Chips should not be mushy at all.





0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)