The Perfect Meatballs

Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Pin Here

I have been trying for months to come up with the perfect meatball recipe. I know it sounds so simple but they all came out to liquidy or the bread crumbs would get mushy it was just one thing after another that wasn't quite right. Then a couple weeks ago I made these bad boys and they are delicious! I finally found the right combo of ingredients that made the perfect meatball! 




______________________________
Serves: 5 (makes 15 meatballs) 
Serving Size: 3 Meat Balls 
Calories: 220
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated: 3 g
Cholesterol: 83 g
Sodium: 246 mg
Potassium: 47 mg
Total Carbs: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 24 g

*Contains Calcium, Iron, Vitamin A and C* 
________________________________________

Ingredients 
20 ounces low fat ground turkey ( I used Jenni-O)
1/4 cp yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cp shredded Mozzarella 
1/4 cp Italian bread crumbs
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 minced  clove garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cp canned pizza sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 oz fresh Mozzarella

Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the wrack near the top.
2) Throw in all the ingredients – except for the last 3 – into a bowl, and mix well.
3) Make large balls with your hands, and arrange them into your baking dish
4) Open the canned pizza sauce, and in bowl, mix 1 spoon of the sauce and 3 tbs olive oil.
5) Use a brush to rub the mixture on the meatballs.
6) Put in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
7) When ready, take out from the oven and add  fresh mozzarella on top of meatballs. Add the rest of the sauce to the dish. 
8) Insert the meatballs again for 3 to 5 mins for the cheese to melt



What would I do differently? Not one thing. Like I said I have been working on the recipe for awhile to get it just the way I like it and I personally think it's perfect! 

0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)