Fathers Day

Sunday, June 16, 2013


I believe Fathers Day is an underplayed holiday, often pushed aside and second to Mothers Day. I think as a whole we forget just how important our fathers or father figures really are. As a wife and mom I can't help but think that I chose the truly incredible man I did because of the perfect examples of hard working, kind hearted, rock like gentlemen that I have been around my whole life and often take for granted. It's this time of year when I really realize just how vital all these men have been in helping sculpt me to who I am today. It's also when I realize just how thankful I am for each and every one of them that they are such a strong example to my daughter on how a man/husband/father/person should treat his wife and to my son on how a hardworking man/husband/father/person should lead, support and raise his family.



The most influential example of an amazing man is my dad. He not only loved and supported me throughout my life but has done the same with all three of my sisters. He has taken in countless other kids who are not biologically his and shown them an incredible man. I know I say this for not only me but all my sisters that whenever we get a "good job" or "I'm proud of you" from him it's better than any prize or praise from anyone else and gets documented in it's own little accomplishment bank haha 



Not only am I blessed with an amazing dad but many other father figures throughout my life that have shown me not only right and wrong but love and support through everything I have done. Blood related or not these are all men that have been there for me when no one else was and stood by me 100%








Not only do I have the incredible men in my life to thank for helping me with my husband but there are two awesome ones that helped mold the man that I chose to be the father and leader of my family. They have shown him not only how to be hardworking and loving but how to love kids that are not "theirs" with complete selflessness and without compromise 




And last but not least is the man that is the head of my house. He's my supporter and rock. He loves my daughter and me and is an incredible example to Logan and Foster. I could not have found a better daddy for my babies. I know he is always there for me and is my best friend.



Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there! We love you all so much and you all are so important to us :)


Logan's Fathers Day Present :) I love how she talks about him






0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)