Halloween Favorites + Chicken Pot Pie

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Are we all getting so excited for the holiday season?! I personally cannot even wait to decorate my house (I am making myself wait until October 1) so I have been shopping for cute holiday clothes! Logan and Foster are so stocked up on seasonal prints that for Fosters whole 3rd month of life he's only going to be in them! Of course I had to throw in a couple things for myself in there, Bryson said there was no way he was going to wear seasonal prints....we'll see. 


One | Two | Three | Four | Five 




These are just a few of the cute outfits I've found but take a longer peek around gap.com because there is a ton of super cute outfits! I love that some of the outfits (One | Six) come in big and little sizes so we can match! Yes, I know I'm married but I love getting dressed up as "twinsies" with the family. 


We had our first chicken pot pies of the season this past weekend for my hubs' 25 birthday! It's his favorite meal and I never make it except for special occasions and it makes it that much better! 



My sister made the cute little emblems on the top with the extra crust 

Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients

1 pound cut up rotisserie chicken
1 cp peas 
1 cp carrots, sliced
1 cp celery, sliced
1 3/4 cp chicken broth (1 full can)
1/3 cp butter
1/3 cp onion, chopped
1/3 cp flour
1/4 tps celery seed
salt + pepper
2/3 cp milk 
2 (9") pie crusts, unbaked
1 egg white (optional) 

Recipe

1) Preheat oven to 425
2) In a saucepan combine chicken, peas, carrots, celery and chicken broth on medium. 
3) In a separate saucepan melt butter and cook onions in the butter until they are soft and translucent. Add flour, celery seed, salt and pepper and stir until the mixture is thick. 
4) Stir in 1 3/4 cps broth from the first pan and milk into the thick mixture and whisk together. Drain the leftover broth from the first pan.
5) Place one pie crust on the bottom of your pie pan and pour the chicken mixture into the pan and top with the sauce. Place remaining pie crust over the top and seal sides. Make a couple cuts in the middle of the pie to release steam. 
6) *Optional* Brush egg whites on the top of the pie. It will make it "shiny" when it is finished
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving. 


I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do! 

What are some of your favorite halloween outfits and recipes, I'd love to check them out! 

0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)