What I {and the littles ATE} Wednesday

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

In the essence of full disclosure eating healthy for me lately has been a huge struggle. Excess meat upsets my stomach and I have still been feeling the effects of morning sickness so I have been on a major carb trip lately. I have been trying to sneak more protein in with eggs, broccoli, oatmeal and things like that but it's not always easy! I have been trying to log my food intake a lot more on myfitnesspal (aspengroen) but it's taking me awhile to get back into the routine of it. 

I am also going to share some quick meals that I threw together for the kids but it really didn't merit it's own big post because I do not make my kids "special" food because they don't like or don't want to try what we are eating. So everything you see is both what I ate and what the kiddos ate. Their portions are a little different so I did show a couple of pictures :) 

There are a couple recipes on this post as well :) 

We love egg muffins. They are so easy and really easy to heat up and give to the kids on the way to school. We just throw in whatever we want and cook in a muffin tin until they are fully cooked but still wiggle a little.


This is some yummy pasta Bryson made with quinoa pasta. It was still kinda of a mushy texture for me but it was good for when you need a pasta fix. 


These Bolthouse Farms greek yogurt dressings are a new staple in our house. We dip veggies in them,  use them as sauces and salad dressings. They go bad faster than other dressings so be sure to use it. It's not hard though!


This is a typical kids portion. Foster will easily eats it all and Lo's portion is about the same just with more salad and brussels sprouts. 


I was so proud because I thought Foster ate all his celery then I went to use the restroom....he even closed the lid! 


Same lunch as this kids just my portion. Brussels sprouts are one of my very favorite veggies. I toss in evoo and s&p and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until soft. Super easy and delicious. 


Small cup of pistachio gelato for my birthday. It's my very favorite kind but super rich. I couldn't even finish this. 


We went on vacation and and some yummy food. This is our favorite burger place ever. It's in Pagosa Springs and is called Riff Raff Brewing company. Definitely stop by! 


In Denver we stopped at Snooze for breakfast....twice! We loved it and so did the kids :) We'll definitely stop by again.





I found a new favorite coconut water while we were traveling. 


Boring lunch of sautéd chicken and zucchini.  I cooked them in separate pans but they were both cooked in evoo and Mrs. Dash


Now that we have mastered healthy pancakes at our house I'm not sure we will ever eat the other kind again (ok, yes we will)

Makes 2 servings. 
Blend two bananas, 1 cp oatmeal, 3/4 cp milk, 1 egg, 1tps baking powder and 1 tps vanilla. Then cook like a pancake. 

We eat these on the go on the way to work.



This month we started getting nature box. We were happy with the first months snacks and we're excited for next month!




Healthy and super filling lunch. We used Sabra tzatiki dip on a pita and then sautéed turkey, a whole bell pepper and 1/4 onion in evoo and greek spices (I just looked up greek spices and threw in a little of them all.)



And we enjoyed more healthy pancakes today! 



Feel free to link any nutrition posts below or share your favorite healthy meal! 

0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)