Why I'm Blogging in the Bathroom

Wednesday, November 6, 2013


My kids needed a bath. Yup, I don't mean they probably should have a bath, I mean Fosters hair was crunchy and I hadn't shaved in a month.  Any other mom's feel me? I have been in such a mom stump lately. I have been letting the Lo wear whatever she wants and letting her hair air dry, I haven't been getting ready because I've been working out daily and all I do is school, edit pictures and workout so I see no point. I haven't been cooking any fun dinners- Hope you all like ground meat with quinoa, rice and some veggies! 



I noticed I have been in the stump for awhile and was blaming it on the fact that I have a three month old and am still getting adjusted. But if I'm being honest with myself we adjusted the week we were home. Foster has always "fit in" and there was never a learning curve. It was like he had always been here. So that leaves it on me just being lazy. I don't like to think that I'm lazy, I work out, my kids are clothed, the house isn't awful...but when it comes down to it I am just running around doing a lot of nothing and I overwhelmed myself for about two week and now, a month later I am still catching up! 


I am never behind on pictures and I am about two weeks behind right now. I typically have a meal plan and we've been having "Meat Medley" every night. I need to refocus, get caught up and stay caught up. I love being able to stay home with the kiddos and go to school but I feel like I am taking advantage of it when my hubby is having to pick up the slack.- Which he has totally been doing and I love him so much but that's just not his job. 



What?! Only the woman is supposed to do housework?! No, absolutely not but when he's at work I should be respectful enough to clean for him and I have not been. I love my husband and he has no problem picking up my slack but it's time for a change ladies! This is me saying I have been sucking lately and my promise that I am going to do better! 


I am going to get caught up on pictures, today. I am going to finish my rough draft for my paper and get caught up on laundry. I am going to make a meal plan for the week and grocery shop. I am going to budget. I am going to get back to blogging regularly (and better ;) promise)  I am not going to stress about getting these things done and am going to keep a positive attitude the whole time :) 


We all have slumps ladies and it is perfectly fine. Eventually you have to get out of those yoga pants, turn on some jams and dance clean around the house! - I am a huge advocate of dance cleaning, if you want your kids to help you this is the way. The sillier, the better. We are all human and we are all doing the best we can :) Sometimes I just need to take a honest look at myself and I thought I would put this struggle of mine out there because I don't want to portray something different on here than I am. I want to share the good moments, the temper tantrums and my struggles because I believe that's what makes me connect more to my readers. 

Here's to being real, ladies! 
*clicks all of your imaginary raised glasses* 




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I do know that you are a really great Mommy and have two little munchkins that are absolutely beautiful!!! Just take all those tasks one small step at a time and then it will just get done. You have been doing an amazing job of getting all your "ducks in a row" - you know all of us Moms and Wives get totally drowned in the jobs we all face but the bottom line is we do the jobs to show our love to our families and in the end it is all worthwhile! I love you and I am soooooo proud of the lady you have become!

Aspen Kelty Marie said...

Thank you :) (Whoever you are ) I'm assuming a family member ;) I just need to get things done! and I am definitely getting caught up!

Lauren Niles said...

I feel this way all the time! It's all about being honest with yourself and then cutting yourself a little break while taking the time to change the things that are important for your family. I'm not sure what you're working on with school, but I finished my undergrad as a fulltime mommy and full time wedding planner. It was excruciating. Most people don't realize how hard it is. You're awesome for taking it on because it's practically another job. Know that most people couldn't do what you're doing!

I love your blog! I think we have a lot in common. Check out my blog if you have time. Just started following your instagram and your family is adorbs! :) You have a new fan!

Lauren

www.ajoyfulmelody.blogspot.com

Aspen Kelty Marie said...

I have definitely been cutting myself a break lately (and have a messy house to prove it haha) Go you for doing all that! I am overwhelmed with the little projects, full time mommying and school that I do. Thanks for all the lovely follows and I love your blog :)

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)