Orange PULP + Chai Muffins

Tuesday, November 19, 2013


If you follow my facebook page or my instagram  then you probably noticed that I am currently doing a juice cleanse or fast (post to come when I am finished). I was feeling so wasteful with the extra pulp that I was going to throw out. Yesterday I tried to make granola bars but used WAY to much of the pulp and it was a total bust. 
This morning, before I made my juice for the day, I made L and the hubby some homemade orange juice. Instead of throwing out the pulp I decided to try to make some muffins. These muffins are so moist and the perfect indulgence. With chai and orange they are a delicious fall treat. 
Go ahead and indulge in a couple of these with some hot cider near the fire.

Ingreds: 

1/2 cp vegan Butter, earth balance /normal butter
1 cp Sugar /stevia
1 cp Orange Pulp, four juiced oranges
2 tbs Almond Milk
2 Egg Whites (omit for vegan recipe)
1 tbs Vanilla Extract 
2 tbs Chai Flavoring, near east 
1 1/2 cp Flour /gluten free flour
1 tps Baking Powder

Recipe:

Preheat oven to 400
1) Cream together Butter, Sugar and Orange Pulp
2) Add Almond Milk, Egg Whites, Vanilla Extract + Chai Flavoring to orange mixture
3) Mix Flour + Baking Powder in a separate bowl then slowly mix into orange mixture
4) Grease a muffin pan and spoon mixture in until each is 2/3 full/
5) Bake for 15 minutes then cool for 15 minutes



2 comments:

birdie to be said...

Yum! We have a juicer and I am always looking for pulp recipes! And I absolutely love chai flavored anything!

Aspen Kelty Marie said...

I hated throwing it all away! After three days these are still really moist - if my daughter liked chai I would've added more in it :)

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)