Logan's Birth Story

Sunday, July 21, 2013



On September 17, 2009 I had my last Dr appointment for my little girl. I was 4 days away from my due date and more than ready to be finished with pregnancy. The Dr. checked me and I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced. We set an induction date for a day after my due date, September 22, 2009. We were supposed to call at 5 am to make sure there was room and I had gotten absolutely no sleep because I was so anxious to meet my little girl. After getting everything loaded into the car we called the hospital and they wanted us to wait to come in until 6. As anxious as we were to leave we left right away anyways and made a slow Starbucks run. After getting to the hospital and getting all checked in I had an iv started. Four hours later they started the Pitocin.



The contractions came on almost immediately but I could breathe through them pretty easily. They quickly picked up. I went from a 3 to a 5 in three hours. I was breathing through them less easily but still managing. At that point a nurse checked me and told me I could get the epidural now. I said I didn't need it now but as soon as I got the next contraction I wanted the juice! The anesthesiologist had me sit on the bed, lean over and he raised it up to where I could barely reach the chair I was supposed to be leaning on. The first shot I could hardly feel through the contractions but as he tried to put in the needle for the epidural he missed slightly and blood came out of my back. An hour later the epidural was finally in and I could feel my feet starting to get numb but that's when it stopped. The contractions had stopped in my stomach but were now somehow being rerouted to my neck. My dad went and found the anesthesiologist to have him take it out immediately. As soon as I had it taken out the contractions went back to my stomach and I just laid there for awhile. 
The nurse came back in to check me and in an hour I had gone from a 5 to an 8 but my water still had not broken. As she went to find the doctor to see if my water needed to be broken I felt like a huge balloon had popped in my stomach and even though my water had broken I just laid there. The nurse came back in saying they were going to break my water. I remember just laying there with my eyes closed and telling her I was pretty sure it had just broke. She checked me again and I was at a 9 almost 10! From here on out it's a bit blurry. 
She ran out to get the Dr and everyone started bringing in all the things to have my little baby! The Dr. on call came in and was telling me it was time to push but I didn't have the feeling like I needed to and I  sure as heck didn't want to. I couldn't relax in between contractions and there was no way I was going to be able to push. Yet, somehow she talked me into pushing. I can't remember if right before pushing or 45 minutes into it or so that my mom asked if I could have statol but I got half a shot of it. I also remember taking a break through pushing because I was having such a hard time. After relaxing through a contraction I started pushing again. After an hour of pushing and never getting the urge or feeling to push at 3:10pm, just 5 hours later, I had my little girl! Weighing in at 8lbs 3 oz and a lengthy 21 inches she was so alert! 

 She had so many visitors right away! 

Her aunties couldn't wait to meet her



And of course the great grand parents...






She loved special mommy time



Most of the time anyways


Getting ready to go home


Loving on her Gramps



and her Mamy



Her skis






Bringing her home! 


2 Days old! This night I actually ended up going back to the hospital for a couple days and was diagnosed with post preecplampsia and eclampsia. My body was in a sort or shock but after a couple days and lots of tests later I was back home. 





Her first bath at 11 days old! She rolled over at 6 days old! 


Her first month








2 Months Old


3 Months! 


4 Months! 



She hated tummy time but why would you want to be set down when there is 8 people to hold you?


5 Months old and loving Easter! 

  
She looked so beautiful in her Easter dress



At six months old she was not impressed with her  jumper


8 months old! I loved her little rolls! She calls herself My Little Chunk a Chunk when we look back on these pictures 







Her first birthday! She had a pink poodle party! She had so much fun. I love her little teeth! 




Her second birthday party was a Minnie Mouse party


Visiting the farm 


Christmas 2011


Late 2012


March 2013 <3



She's gotten so big, so fast and I couldn't be more proud of the little lady she has become. She can't wait for her little brother to be here and I know she is going to be the best big sister ever! She is such a big helper and incredibly loving. She has the biggest heart and cares for everyone and everything. I couldn't be more proud of her than I am every day. 

0 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)