Most of you probably know I am currently waiting for my new computer. Foster poured water all over my old one and completely fried it. Until then phone posts will have to do.
We have been actively trying to eat better recently. We want to set a good example for the kids and be able to live energetic, adventurous, healthy lives. That all starts with food. This morning we made a Sausage and Apple Sweet Potato Hash. It was too good to not share with you all! It did take awhile to make but it could easily serve 6 or, like we did, serves four with leftovers.
Ingredients serves 4 with leftovers
2 med sweet potatoes, diced
1 large white onion, diced
3 chicken apple sausages, diced
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 large green apple, diced
1 tps cinnamon
4 eggs, over easy
1) Heat 1-2tbs coconut oil in a pan, toss in sweet potatoes, opinion, sausage, kale and apple. Season.
2) Sauté, stirring occasionally until natural waters are evaporated from the pan or sweet potato is soft, sausage is cooked through and the onion and apple are translucent.
3) Top with over easy egg
Super easy and totally amazing. I will definitely be doubling up this recipe next time so it's easy to eat before school or work. All you have to do is cook the egg!
So here's were this ish comes in While30-ish. I'm not looking for a 30 day detox. I want something that is easily sustainable in every day life. For us, that means the 80/20 rule. Here are some nighttime sweets I made for a quick treat after dinner.
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
Ingredients serves 12
2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 tps baking powder
1 tps vanilla
1 serv your choice protein (I used 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder)
2 tbs honey
1/4 cup mix in (I used dark chocolate chips)
1) preheat oven to 400
2) Blend together all ingredients EXCEPT add in.
3) mix in add in.
4) Pour mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Almond Date Fudge Balls
Ingredients serves 14
1 cup almonds
12ish medjool dates, pitted
1/4-1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1) Blend together all ingredients except coconut. Add milk in slowly. Add in just enough to make mixture creamy and stick together.
2) Roll 1" balls and roll in coconut. Refrigerate.
Tip: I put mixture in the fridge to harden up a little before rolling into balls.
Bananas and Strawberries in Dark Chocolate
I think this one is pretty self explanatory. :) Just make sure you add oil NOT WATER to the chocolate so it doesn't seize up.
That's all for now! Do you have any favorite, healthy recipes? Share in the comments :)