To the Momma Who's Not Going to Miss These Moments

Friday, August 29, 2014

He can totally get out of this. I have zero idea how.

My son is crying at my feet and my daughter needs more attentions than I can mentally give her. 

But you're going to miss these moments. 

The house is a mess, the dishes aren't done, the laundry smells like mildew and the vacuum may actually need to be dusted.

But you're going to miss these moments. 

Between the feedings, the diaper changes, the baths and the "No! Don't put that in your mouth!" there is no time for sleep let alone your weekly shower.

But you're going to miss these moments. 

....but maybe not.


I have never once looked at my daughter and wished for the pandemonium that is life with a baby. Dropping her off at kindergarten not a tear was shed over my baby growing up because kids grow up. And ladies, I have to tell you, it is a beautiful thing. 

Seeing her turn from a baby and helping her get dressed to listening to her opinions on everything is probably the coolest thing in the entire world. 

Rather than blood curdling screams in her carseat we have jam sessions with complete choreography. 

Rather than her hanging on my leg while we cook she helps me and has an input on what we should make together. 

There are few times that I have been more proud of her than these past couples days when she comes home from school and is able to tell me letters and sounds. 

Do I look back on the moments of her learning to walk and talk or her running around the house with two pacifiers in her mouth and am overcome with joy?

Abso-freaking-lutely.

But do I wish that we could go back in time?

No. Because I absolutely love the little lady she is becoming and nothing makes me happier than watching her grow up. 

To the moms who are thankful their kids are older and can wipe themselves or the ones who can't wait until they can, I just want you to know that you are not alone and the next time someone says, "You're going to miss these moments" when your toddler is throwing a fit in Target because dammit she can't have yet ANOTHER princess doll, you can smile at them and proudly say, "No, I don't think I am."




1 comments:

Monet said...

Hey lady! It's my first time here. You have a lovely blog and write so honestly about the joys and trials of motherhood. Love! And I'm right there with you. There are many moments I'm not going to miss!

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)